Tittibhasana (Firefly Pose)– Benefits, Adjustment & Cautions
Titibhasana or Firefly Pose is an arm-balancing posture that requires a lot of strength, both arms and core strength. It counts as an advanced yoga asana and aims to improve the overall sense of balance.
- Separate your feet shoulder wide apart
- Bring your pelvis forward
- Bring your trunk between your legs
- Put your left upper arm and shoulder underneath the back of your left thigh
- Your hand should be on the floor at the outside edge of your foot
- Do the same on the other side
- Now lift yourself off the ground and find the balance here
- Stretch your legs out to the sides and keep them straight
- Straighten your arms
- Try to gaze forward and breathe slowly
Benefits of Firefly Pose:
- Tones the belly
- Stretches the groins and torso
- Gives strength to the arms and shoulders
- Overall balance is increased
- Mental balance is gained
Please avoid this posture if you have any wrist, shoulder or lower back injuries.
To be sure that you practise an asana correctly, we recommend to participate in our Yoga Teacher Training Program.