The 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is an intensive 55-day course, designed to reinforce and advance your existing knowledge of yoga. You will learn how to develop your own yoga practice to a professional level and gain an enriching expertise.
We invite you to cultivate your individual teaching style and connect to yourself on a deeper level.
This yoga teacher training fulfils all needs of becoming a registered yoga instructor. During the 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will cover Hatha asana, Ashtanga Yoga, Alignment, Advanced asana, Teaching Methodology and Practice, Pranayama, Shatkarma, Ayurveda and Emotional Blockage® Treatment.
In-depth study of the Patanjali Yog Sutras, Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Anatomy will increase your ability to understand the human nature, body, and mind. This is an important part of becoming a knowledgeable yoga teacher.
You will learn how to teach asana, pranayama, meditation and design challenging and motivating classes.
Our 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India is registered with Yoga Alliance. After course completion, you will receive a Yoga Alliance Certification that allows you to teach yoga internationally and obtains a career.
The 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training at Yoga India Foundation is very complex and requires discipline, attention, and willpower.
With small group sizes, we aim to provide a spacious and individual teaching environment. Throughout the yoga teacher training, you get to enjoy a personalized setting with a one-on-one focus. We, at Yoga India Foundation, focus on quality, so we keep our student size limited to 30 students per course.
The classes are held six times a week from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Once a week, you have a holiday which you can use to relax or self-study. There is the option to join some activities such as: visiting the waterfalls, trekking in the Himalayas, rafting, beach yoga, cave meditation, local market shopping or participate in social work with slum children.
Yoga India Foundation is the best yoga ashram for your 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training as we focus on the traditional style of yoga in a natural and spacious teaching atmosphere. While most other yoga schools are very new, Yoga India Foundation is one of the oldest and most experienced institutions. All teachers are well-qualified and hold Master or PhD degrees in Yogic Science, Ayurveda, Holistic Health, Naturopathy or Vedic Scriptures.
Compared to other yoga schools in India, where 60 to 70 students have to fit in one class, we keep our student number limited to 30. We believe that one can only learn much better with personal space and individual guidance.
During your 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training at Yoga India Foundation, you will:
• Create a foundational knowledge and understanding of yoga
• Develop from a beginner to advanced level
• Learn how to teach more than 100 postures with correct alignment
• Remember all asana names, benefits and contraindications
• Establish knowledge about the anatomy and physiology of yoga
• Establish knowledge about the origin and history of yoga
• Grow mentally, physically and spiritually
• Feel more balanced, connected and joyful
• Learn from excellent teachers
• Live in a caring and peaceful ashram environment
• Feel safe and grounded
• Enjoy nutritious, ayurvedic meals every day
• Experience the real yogi lifestyle
• Make friendships that will last forever
During our 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, we aim to focus on your personal growth in combination with building a foundational knowledge. We use practical, theoretical and interactive teaching methodologies in a safe and supportive learning environment.
Through one-on-one guidance, you will become a knowledgeable yoga instructor and confident individual.
After many years of teaching international students in co-operation with Yoga Alliance, we have established an excellent 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program that fulfils the highest standards for you.
After course completion, you will receive your 500 Hour Yoga Alliance certification. With this certification, you can register as RYT 500. After two years of teaching yoga, you will be an ERYT 500 (Experienced Registered Yoga Alliance Trainer)
Why you should join Yoga India Foundation
• The yoga instructors at Yoga India Foundation are true masters who have been collecting international teaching experiences over the past decades. Besides their Himalayan Yogi lineage, they hold masters of yogic science and PhDs in Ayurveda and Eastern Healing Therapies.
• During your 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India, you will not only learn the benefits, contraindications, and variations of the yoga postures but also how to hand-on adjust your students correctly according to their physical conditions.
• You will develop confidence and learn how to create diverse and interactive yoga classes that are based on your unique teaching style.
• We provide small group sizes to ensure an individual and unique learning atmosphere.
• Yoga India Foundation is the only school worldwide that offers Emotional Blockage® Treatment as an optional course module during your Yoga Teacher Training in India. This treatment releases accumulated energy blockages from your body and hence removes related tensions, fears and past trauma from your mind.
• Through this Yoga Teacher Training in India, you will experience long-lasting and life-changing benefits. Through the removal of energy blockages, you will feel much more joyful. With your new knowledge and positivity, you will inspire many people around you and become a confident yoga teacher and individual.
Completing a 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India is intense and enriching.
After completing your Yoga Teacher Training in India with us, you can use our one-on-one skype and e-mail service to discuss questions about your yoga career, studio, teaching skills, personal practise and growth. We aim to support and guide you even when you are back at home.
We will answer questions like:
• How do I register as RYT 500?
• How do I create/expand my own yoga business?
• How do I use my benefits through Yoga Alliance?
• How do I reach students?
• How do I organise a yoga retreat?
• How do I use Social Media correctly?
Our aim is to not only offer the best 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India but also to build up a supportive friendship that you can trust and rely on after the course.
|TIME||Week 1+2||Week 3+4||Week 5+6||Week 7+8|
|10:00||Breakfast & Tea||Breakfast & Tea||Breakfast & Tea||Breakfast & Tea|
|11:00||Yoga Philosophy 1||Yoga Philosophy 2||Yoga Philosophy 3||Ayurveda|
|12:00||Yoga Anatomy||Yoga Adjustment||Teaching Methodology||Yoga Adjustment|
|14:00||Karma Yoga||Karma Yoga||Karma Yoga||Karma Yoga|
|16:00||Hatha Asana||Ashtanga/ Hatha Asana||Hatha/ Ashtanga||Hatha Asana|
|18:00||Emotional Blockage® Treatment /Meditation||Meditation||Meditation /Mantra||Meditation|
1. Yoga Asana (Postures)
The teacher training covers both Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga Asana. Hatha yoga will be the primary style as the foundation of all yoga. Ashtanga Vinyasa will be the secondary style, taught daily (week 4-8). The asana practice aims to increase flexibility, strength and theoretical understanding of more than 200 yoga postures. Your teacher will explain each asana in detail.
During your 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training you will cover:
• 140 Hatha Yoga Postures
• 55 Ashtanga Postures
• Alignment for each posture
• Cautions and therapeutic approaches
2. Pranayama (Breathing Techniques)
Regulating the breath helps the practitioner to regulate his/her whole being. In Yoga, Pranayama is used to remove the subtle energy blocks and purify the respiratory system and nadis (channels). You will be able to breathe better and prepare for the higher stages of yoga and meditation. During your 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will learn the following techniques:
• Nadi Shodan
3. Mantra Chanting (Sacred Sounds)
Mantras are the Indian sounds of yoga that generate spiritual vibrations. Through mantras, you can connect to yourself and the universe. Breaking the limitations of the mind, makes you feel free and at peace. Chanting also encourages a positive class/group energy. During your 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will learn:
• OM Chanting
• Gayatri Mantra
• Treyambakam Mantra
• Vishnu Mantra
• Shiv Mantra
4. Mudras and Bandhas (Gestures and Energy Lock)
Practising Mudras or hand gestures stimulates the flow of energy. Bandhas are energy locks that expand the breathing capabilities.
During your 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will cover:
• Chin Mudra
• Jnana Mudra
• Anjuli Mudra
• Pranam Mudra
• Gyan Mudra
• Benefits and Meaning of Bandhas
5. Meditation (Dhyana)
Meditation is the highest practice of yoga and promotes ultimate clarity, concentration and oneness. The daily Dhyana (meditation) practice, will enable you to shift your perspective and reflect on yourself and evolutionary learning outcome. Meditation brings you patience, bliss and mental peace. During your 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will cover:
• Power of Transformation Breathing
• Kundalini Meditation
• Silent Meditation
• Osho Meditation
• Theory and Meaning of Meditation
• Scientific and spiritual benefits of Meditation
• Awareness expansion
• Conscious Meditation
6. Shatkarma (Yogic Cleansing)
Shatkarma starts at 6:00 AM every morning. The yogic cleansing practices (the six actions) are of great importance as they remove accumulated mucous and blockages in the nadis (energy channels). You will be able to breathe much better. During your 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will learn all six shatkarma (shatkriya).
7. Yoga Anatomy
Learning about the different body systems improves the understanding of one’s physical well-being. It promotes harmony and prevents injury. Detailed explanations with visual demonstrations enable you to practise with more awareness and learn about the inner body processes.
During the 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will cover:
• Our physical and spiritual body- Introduction
• The body systems and their relations
• Muscular system
• Skeletal System
• Respiratory System
• Cardiovascular System
• Digestive System
• Nervous System
• Endocrine System
8. Yoga Philosophy
The in-depth yogic Philosophy discussions connect your yoga practice to the theoretical wisdom behind it. Studying the Vedas, Gita or Patanjali Yog Sutras in-depth helps you to establish a broad and solid understanding of the path of yoga. You will learn about the Ethical Guidelines of a yoga teacher as well. During your 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will cover:
• Introduction to Yogic Philosophy
• Yamas and Niyamas
• Outtakes of the Patanjali Yog Sutras
• Outtakes of the Bhagavad Gita
• Concept of PanchVritti&PanchKlesha
• Kriya Yoga- A way to overcome inborn afflictions
• Ashtanga Yoga- A methodology to overcome suffering
• Introduction to Samkhya Philosophy
• Principles of Ayurveda
9. Emotional Blockage® Treatment
Through Emotional Blockage® Treatment we can remove such accumulated energy blockages and feel more light, free and relaxed. Negativity is removed quickly and the body becomes more flexible.
Imagine living life without the burden of past problems, trauma and pain. The Emotional Blockage® Treatment was invented by Swami Bipin Gyan and addresses the physical, mental and energetic koshas.
This course module goes hand in hand with your yoga practice. Union, oneness and enlightenment are the ultimate goals. The Emotional Blockage Treatment® unlocks your inner life and shows you that it’s not just about the postures.
It is an optional part of the 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training and requires discipline and surrender.
10. Teaching Methodology
For aspiring yoga teachers, teaching methodology is a fundamental course aspect. In this class, you will gain diverse theoretical and practical methods:
• Plan your class and sequence
• Design a challenging class
• Classroom organization
• Creating the right energy
• Observation of individuals
• Hands-on adjustment
• Use of voice and language
• Attention distribution
• Apply the right techniques in different situations
• Adjust according to health issues (pregnancy, diabetes, chronic diseases)
The regular course fee of our 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India is:
The Early Bird Discount can be applied for advanced booking:
• Reserve your seat 2 months early & the price will be USD 3300, for two students USD 6500
• Reserve your seat 3 months early& the price will be-USD 3200, for two students USD 6300
• Reserve your space 4 months early & the price will be-USD 3100, For Two student USD 6100
• 56 nights shared accommodation with attached bathroom and hot water
• Free one-way taxi pick up from Dehradun Airport to Rishikesh
• 1 White School T Shirt
• 3 Yoga Books
• Unlimited WIFI
• Three vegetarian meals per day
• Teas and filtered water
• 4 Sunday excursions
• Yoga Alliance Certification (500 Hours)
• Yogic Cleansing kit
• Rudraksh Mala
• A new yoga mat
• Ayurvedic Consulation and Pulse Diagnose
Please note: for a private room or AC/heating we charge 200 USD per month extra for each.
During your Yoga Teacher Training, you will be served three delicious vegetarian meals per day.
Our food is always freshly prepared and cooked.
For breakfast, we serve dalia, oats with soy or coconut milk, fresh fruits, Indian Breakfast, Poha and tea.
At lunch and dinner, you will enjoy great varieties of vegetables, rice, chapati, dhal pulses, chutneys, curries, soups and salads.
Occasionally we serve sweets and Western dishes as well.
If you have any allergies, please inform us in advance.
Please be aware that we live in an ashram environment. We value respect, kindness and compassion. READ MORE
The deposit fee must be paid in advance and is non-refundable.
The remaining payment has to be made on arrival.